Sunday, May 16, 2010

End of the Week: Horror Time

Alan Wake is here, I've played it and finished it. I'm about to play it again, because I love it. However, where would Alan Wake be today without other kinds of horror games that led up to it and it's now well known "Psychological Action Thriller" title? Well, it probably wouldn't be here.

Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil, Silent Hill and so many other titles are part of what made the genre so big to begin with. Alone in the Dark had its atmospheric horror, Resident Evil its B-Movie scares and Silent Hill its complex psychological nightmares. Because of this, I'll devote the coming week to horror videogames, I've already started yesterday with Alone in the Dark and I'll continue every day until Saturday.

Also, the Silent Hill: Shattered Memories re-review is official, it's going to be reviewed using the now official AU system to make it fit with the other reviews in the library. Oh well, that's all for this week though, in some hours today's review should be up, can you guess what game it'll be?

Update:
Due to coming things at school I won't be able to post a review every day, I will however make sure to have a lot of reviews coming through May instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment