Sunday, March 20, 2011

Top 5 Most Anticipated Nintendo 3DS Launch Titles


There's less than a week left until the Nintendo 3DS hits European shores, and the launch titles are announced and there's a lot of anticipation regarding many of the games coming out. So here's my top 5 most anticipated Nintendo 3DS launch titles!

5. The Sims 3
The Sims has always had a soft spot in my heart, except for Sims 2, I did not like that as much as the original or its sequel. But I've always preferred the handheld Sims over the console ones. I spent far too much time on The Sims: Bustin' Out and The Sims 2 on the Game Boy Advance for example. I even played a little of The Urbz when it came out. With that said, I know The Sims 3 for the Nintendo 3DS is more like the PC game than it is like the old GBA titles, but hey, I play The Sims 3 now and then, playing it on the bus would be perfect for me, here's hoping for a great port.

4. Rayman 3D
Rayman 2 is my favourite Rayman title, Rayman 3D is an enhanced port of the original Rayman 2. It's funny that a Rayman 2 port is a 3DS launch title. It was also a NDS launch title with Rayman DS you see. This is pretty much the only platformer offered at the moment while we all anticipate Super Mario 3D, but at least we know this game is great. It's based on the Dreamcast version rather than the Nintendo 64, Playstation or PS2 versions. A good choice in my opinion.

3. Splinter Cell 3D
We're at our third game, and once again it's available on another console since an earlier point in time. But Splinter Cell 3D is not a port, no, it's a remake of the highly acclaimed Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory... Which also happened to be on the Nintendo DS as well. But what makes this great is that it's incorporating elements from Splinter Cell: Conviction (Review: 8/10) which I think is great. Ubisoft has proven to have a good launch line up for the Nintendo 3DS, let's hope they can keep it coming after launch as well.

2. Nintendogs + Cats
I never played Nintendogs. Hate on me all you want, I missed out on that game. But you know what I did play? Kinectimals, and I loved that game. I'm much more of a cat person than I am a dog person. So hey, this game is PERFECT for me. I also love all the little things Nintendo has incorporated in this title with the AR cards, the street pass, the little hats they can wear. It's just beautiful. I like virtual pets, I like cats and I'm certain I'll like this game.

1. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Hey everybody, it's the worlds best 2D-plane fighting game with even more stuff than before. That's enough to place this at number one. Street Fighter IV remains one of the few 2D-plane fighters I prefer over 3D-plane fighters. It's so much fun, and the 3D edition comes with over thirty characters, tons of costumes and a brand new mode which lets you battle other players when your 3DS is in sleep mode using stat-based statues. How can this go wrong? It's simple, it can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment