Tuesday, November 8, 2011

GAMEX 2011 - Preview: Ninja Gaiden 3 (On Hard Mode)

Ninja Gaiden 3 is hard. I don't need to tell you guys that, right? Well at GAMEX I was issued a challenge by the piblisher that if I managed to beat the first stage on hard without dying once in one sitting I'd actually win the retail game once it launches next year. How cool is that? Did I make it? See for yourself.


Like I said, the game is hard. But I will compliment Team Ninja because it's more of a "Hard, but fair" feeling rather than "Why was I killed there!?" rage-quit type difficulty. The controls are really tight and the game flows on with great framerate throughout all the time I was playing. Ryu's new demon-arm attack was fun to launch, even though I never got a chance to use the dragon summon that we've seen in developer-walthroughs, and the violence has never felt more controlled as you jam the button for every slash against the enemies in full detail.

The game looks grittier as well. The city I walked around in looked down-beat and trashy, in a good way, and the enemies bled and limped as I began slicing away at them. It's clear that Team Ninja is going for a bit of a departure from Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 2, because while the gameplay remains mostly unchanged, the new setting makes it all feel fresh once again. The lighting looks great, the textures are high-res and the game just looks great.

I will admit to not having seen much of Ninja Gaiden 3, but after playing it I will say that I'm without doubt intrigued and will keep an eye out. Who knows, maybe this game also will have breasts controlled by the PS3 SIXAXIS, or maybe they'll even throw in Kinect this time... Let's hope not.

Level of Anticipation:
7/10 - Looks Good

No comments:

Post a Comment